21. January 2016 by swissfitchick
I have not even a vague notion of when the last Confession post graced your beautiful minds, but never mind, here we go. Two snaps, a twist and a kiss.
Thinking Out Loud today with my confessions, shout out goes to Spoons!
1.I applied for a job in San Francisco. Sometimes, I do things which in the next moment give me the urge to crawl under my bed, curl up and cover my ears/eyes, pretending I am not taking odd decisions in my life or gamble with crazy adventures, but instead I vanished from the world and have no responsibility for whatever the consequence of my action may be. And the next moment I book an appointment at Bondi Ink. Judge if you must. Sorry, but you are subjects of my whims. #actuallynotsorry
Yeah….I wonder what you’re doing for the rest of your life, Luce.
2. For the sake of normalcy, I went grocery shopping today and spent what felt like about 8 hours trying to find eggs. EGGS. You know I love eggs (haha! sexual innuendo right there. lol.) but these Sydney supermarkets overwhelm me. Of course I didn’t ask anyone, I mean, can it get more awkward when you say:’ Excuse me, do you have eggs?’ Or:’ I need eggs. Can you show me where I can find them?’ Or:’I was planning to eat eggs tonight. Can you help me?’. Lawwwwwd. Speaking normalcy, this is for the birds.
3. I know that there are actually problems in the world, but the street light system in Sydney is now one of my worst bane of existence. It would probably take me about five minutes to walk to the gym, however, it takes me about 20, cause these lights are just so horribly organized (LOOK, there’s the Swiss in me!). The curses which load up inside of me are outrageous, almost scandalous, but since I am scared AF from the cars coming from all sides (still not adapted to this left side driving thing), I stand still and wait. It’s a magical challenge and that shit clearly does not fly with me.
4. My Selfie Whoreness is dwindling and I do not even have an explanation for it. This girl would completely disagree, though to my defense and in truth, I have used my Selfie Stick only once. I am JUST as amazed as you are. My friend Mike back home said Selfie Sticks are pervert. I think he equivocate like a boss.
5. I am having Audio Message and Video Message Communication with my friends in Cleveland, Vancouver, San Diego and Switzerland DAILY. No joke. It is the best. I usually record on the street cause the walks from and to the beach bore me meanwhile. This makes people around me all fuzzy and dizzy, cause they simply can not handle that amount of narcissism. Not to speak of my language – for when I am speaking to my Swiss friends – which makes me look like an alien to them. It’s ok. I cut all the messages pretty soon after sending them out – TMI, that is for sure.
6. I will be going for a girls weekend to Manyana beach upcoming one, with three chicks I have met ONCE. I told you before that I am an extrovert. That is a self-created validation which comes in handy, when traveling by myself. Having people around me pretty much everywhere and all the time supports this conclusion. Coming to the real point of this confession, I bought wine for that weekend, of course. I wandered around in the store carrying three ice cold wine bottles like my own babies, while looking for some edible company for those babies. I paid and away I walked without my alcoholic children. The security had to ran after me and let’s say, he wasn’t particularly athletic. Or slender…….he seemed to be happy though to hand me my treasure and assured me that he would carry anything for me wherever I go. Awwwww.
7. I not only ditched all my mealplans, I also ditched any other plan except the one for the following week. I must confess that I stopped trusting in plans. It scares me, cause I fear that it won’t turn out the way I planned it – so I simply do not plan. Thankfully I am no Mom who needs to plan out the weeks for the entire family, so I can about just go with the flow. In truth, I do not even have a clue yet what is going to happen after NZ. So – how am I supposed to make a plan anyway? I even plan my trainings pretty short noticed and not over months like I used to do. I train a LOT, and follow a structured CrossFit schedule, but still plan by ear. Sometimes I get forced to add a run after CrossFit down to the beach and down two glasses of cold white wine right after the workout without any food ;). Happens and worth it. When will I be able to run to the beach after CrossFit and down 2 glasses of white wine with my Sydney Bestie spontaneously and just like that? So.
Your turn. Confess.