8. January 2015 by swissfitchick
It’s important that your nail color matches your wristlets. Of course.
Welcome to THINKING OUT LOUD, hosted by our favorite Spoons who allows us to spread nonsensical aberrations and confusions all over this post. I probably do this regularly and not only on Thursdays, but oh well, today it feels kind of legit.
1. I just booked a trip to Amsterdam (Netherlands). It’s kind of a business trip since I accompany one of our athletes who is competing on an international level in Karate and he trains at our box. I will document the weekend and we’ll hang out in the city a little more and of course visit CrossFit Amsterdam! I can not wait, it’s been way too long since I’ve been to the city. Of course I organized the whole trip cause 1. I love doing these things, 2. men are just not organized. Ok, sorry if I generalize, but yeah, the majority isn’t. It’s ok, I don’t complain if I get to choose the hotel, hehe.
2. Munich, Germany. Powerlifting Workshop by our Head Coach Ramon! We are 3 lifting girls who go together in two weeks and it will be a blast. One of the two Beauties is Vanessa, who you might already know from other posts.
3. March, Lausanne, french part of Switzerland. Swiss Championship Powerlifting. And yes, I will document, but I will actually COMPETE. Hmmm, yeah. Not sure what to say about this, Ramon encouraged me to go for it, and well, here I go. Thank God Vanessa will be competing too! And Christian. I feel it’s going to be a good thing.
4. Flights are booked, accommodation as well. I will be off to Sydney mid April, move on to San Diego for May (Momma will visit me for a week road trip!!) and then the highlight: BLEND in Boulder. Guys, it’s my birthday 9th of May, so can we celebrate at Blend?? YES?! Good!! Cheesus, I can not get my head around how much of a blast this is going to be. I end the travels with a 2 nights stop at Reykjavík (woooohoo!!) and if all goes well, I will directly travel to the CrossFit Regionals, in case our team qualifies. And then I come back and then – I will have to make an other update on that later.
Of course I booked my accommodations in walking distance to the CrossFit boxes – definitely want to keep up with my training!
5. I know you must think I have the best job in the world so I can afford all these things…..well, I might have a good job, but I can tell you that I will be in trouble as soon as I am back from Blend. This is all going to ruin me big time, but it will be worth it. I don’t shop a lot lately and I watch my spending for sure, but yes – travelling was always the thing I spent the most money on. I just think it’s the thing that lasts forever. Clothes get boring after wearing them 2 times (ok, that might just be me spoiled brat), but memories of travels stay forever. I book my trips successively, so I always have my budget under control 🙂
And of course Christmas and my birthday are ideal to put travel money on the wish list.
6. The trip to St.Moritz last weekend. The Food. Let’s say, breakfast didn’t exist, since we slept until the last second before we had to head off, so there was no time to cook eggs. I think I had a Yogurt-Chocolate-Bar or a bread roll for breakfast around lunchtime while standing in the sun and watching the bobsleigh-boys. Anyway, I figured most of you guys love seafood just like me, so I thought I show you the delicious plate of grilled prawns with baked potato skins and steamed veggies I had on Saturday night. The light is crap, sorry about that.
Now this was ridiculous compared to the plate the boys shared. They had about 700g of Chateau Briand with 4 different carbs to go with and baked vegetables. Let’s ignore tha fact that they ordered a refill of french fries, followed by a variety of dessert like ice cream with whipped cream, Panna Cotta, Apple tart and chocolate cake. They are athletes. Eat big, lift big. Right?
7. If things go as I wish for, I will be able to afford one other week in fall/winter in Spain. I can not go a year without going to my most favorite place in the world, so somehow I need to make it happen.
8. Hell ass-yeah. Good thing I have an actual ass now.
That’s it for today, happy Thursday!!
Any trips planned for this year?
Did you ever enter a sportive competition?