20. June 2014 by swissfitchick
Such a LONG time since I posted on Friday. Short note before I start today’s post: Remember my Muffin Recipe from last week? Healthy, with bacon and a cheese spread. Like a traditional Swiss Cheese Pie. As I mentioned, my blog has been selected by www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk to contribute a recipe for their World Cup infographic. ‘The World Cup Of Food’ illustrates food and drink fans will be enjoying while watching the football in their respective countries. Since tonight is the game between Switzerland and France, I thought this is the perfect time to share this. HOPP SCHWIZ!! The recipes from around the world look great and you can find my recipe here!! ————————————————————————————————————–
I am torn between being excited for this weekend and being annoyed – I will spend it in Zurich, packing my stuff to move to Basel, finally. YES. After weeks of being sad and whiny about my break up and moving out, I am on a point where I feel happy about where I am today and I am glad when I finally moved. I want to leave this part of my life behind me and enjoy my ‘new’ life in Basel. The big move will only be on July 5, but Sylvia – my best Bestie ever – will help me to start packing my clothes (a nightmare) and kitchen supplies this weekend. Besides this less than fun task, we will enjoy a girlsweekend with watching soccer, spending time at the lake and chasing some
guys bargains downtown. Much Love to this girl, she’s my lifesavor!!
Today’s post happens thanks to one of my lovely readers and a beautiful blogger herself – Anoushé. Don’t you love that name?? I want a daughter called Anoushé. Who knows. She is a dancer and an absolute sweetheart – AND she lives in Switzerland too! I love when I find fellow Swiss bloggers. Anyway, she nominated me for the Very Inspirational Blogger Award – how sweet of her!!
How it works:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know how they’ve been nominated
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Ok, 7 facts about myself. I am sure this is the thing you wanted to read on this Friday. Hm. Let me think.
1. I know I said this before, but I love the story so much, so I will tell it again – I was named after my Grandma. She was called Lucie Pfaendler too. I never met her – she died before I was born. When Momma was pregnant with me, she promised her to call the baby Lucie in case it would be a girl. Clearly, I am🙂
2. I have a thing with travelling abroad and working there and then getting homesick and coming back. Back in school, I went off for 1 month to work on a farm. Like a real Swiss farm up in the mountains where I had get up at 5 to milk goats in order to make our own cheese. Where I made hay from 9am to 11pm all day. Where I had to chase a herd of cows, goats and calves to bring them to another alp. Yes!! Blondie chasing cows and goats with a wooden stick in my hand! And yelling at them! Create this picture in your brains people. It’s priceless. I did a good job though🙂 The very original Swiss Life.
I worked as a Flight Attendant for Swissair, where I was abroad usually 5 days in a row all over Europe, or 3 days oversea for a little more than a year. I absolutely LOVED it.
I travelled to Berlin for 7 months to work for my social work studies. I worked with criminal young men – coaching them to build up their future in a ‘normal’ life.
I also went to the Philippines for 3 months to travel around and to do development work. I worked with the little ones, painted the roofs of the school buildings and created schoolmaterial. I lived in a hut with very limited water and electricity. Best experience of my life.
3. I snore sometimes. While sleeping or when I have to laugh really hard. So attractive.
4. I LOVE sarcastic and silly people. It’s my favorite sense of humour. I also find that the sense of humour is one of the most important condition for me to find a man attractive. If he can not make me laugh, then I die in boredom. I don’t even care about his looks if he is not funny or silly.
5. Speaking about laughter – my brother could tell you STORIES about my laughing fits. ‘You should experience my sister’s giggles – like when she REALLY giggles. Seriously, she’s nuts. This is NOT normal.’ I think it can be a little disturbing at times, too. Ya know, when I want to tell a joke and know the point (of course) but don’t even get till there with my joke, cause I die beforehand. So funny for the people listening (sarcasm). It’s loud, it’s excessive, exhausting and I have tears and burning abs and I snore. I like it though. Laughing is good. Here’s a very short and very HARMLESS version of it – I obviously look at a very funny picture on my phone.
6. I am a Crossfitter and I love to lift ad doing Yoga. But I love to balance things out at times. I love to Snowboard, Dive, Running or doing crazy things like bungee / bridge jumping / Sky Diving.
7. There are some minor unimportant things in life I don’t like:
– If someone takes a picture of me while eating. Let’s face it, these pictures always look superstupid.
– Going to the box/gym in workout clothes only to realize I forgot 50% of my ‘real life clothes’ at home. Aka underwear. And then having to go to work commando or braless. Happened. More than once. Fun times.
– Men who have a cold. I get SO worried cause I think they are about to die (according to their behavior) when in reality, they have a freaking damn little snuffle.
– Disrespectfulness and judging people.
– Frozen food and drinks. Hurt my teeth. Yeah, no Ice Cream.
– Everyone who can not drive. If you can not drive, don’t. Let us good drivers alone on the streets, tks.
– The Prowler. It’s not even disliking, it’s hating.
I don’t like the nominating part of the awards, so all of you, please feel free to grab the symbol and tell us 7 facts about you!!
Tell me 2 random facts about you!
What’s one thing you DON’T like?
Ever travelled and worked abroad?