MIMM – Aussie News, Sneakers, Run

26. May 2014 by swissfitchick

Good morning friends!!

I hope you are all well and getting in a marvelous Monday!

healthydivalife.com

healthydivalife.com

First of, an explanation for that title – I got a job offer for Sydney. YES. It’s almost fix, that I will be working at the architecture office from my friend Jad in Sydney for 6 weeks in March 2015. I don’t even know how to handle my excitement! This guy is already booked as my personal tour guide. Poor guy. After that I plan to travel to the US for 3 more weeks – Cali is on my list. SO, fellow blends, MARK YOUR CALENDARS and let’s make a BIG MEETUP in California next year!! Please!!

My boss gave the ok to be abroad for 9 weeks and then come back. I love my job.

But back to reality and present: Weekend. After my last workout for the week at the gym on Friday at 6am, I travelled to Zurich to get in a pedicure and getting some stuff organised for my move. PedicureIn the evening, Sandro and me went out for dinner. The situation is kind of complicated currently and we wanted to spend some time and talk. I am thankful that we treat each other with respect and appreciation/sympathy – even though we both suffer and are having our ups and downs. The weather was stunning and it was nice to enjoy my favorite spot in the world: The lake.

Look at this clear view on the mountains!! Lake Drinks LakeI woke up fairly early and was starving. Eggy Oats with blackberries had to make their quick way into my tummy. Eggy OatsI planned to pack boxes for the move – but it was impossible, my heart couldn’t handle it. So instead, I went out to hunt for sneakers with my friend Anne – and ended up ordering Nike’s online for almost nothing. CHF 120 for BOTH pairs!! NikesDon’t worry – New Balance Nike’s are on the plan, but I will look for them when I am in Spain next week.

After travelling back from Zurich to Basel  – with music and dinner in bags……Avo IMG_8158Music ….I went for a spontaneous visit at my male Bestie’s place to join him and some friends for a glass or two in the evening sun. DrinksSunday morning I had a Fit-Date with Vanessa! I haven’t seen her in way too long and missed her and our workouts. Did I mention that I LOVE having her as my neighbour right NEXT DOOR? And even after my move we will live only 3 minutes from each other. So perfect.

Speaking of Vanessa, I have to make a shout out to this girl here – SHE broke the superrecord in last week’s benchmark at Crossfit by lifting ONE HUNDRED FREAKING SIXTY FIVE KILOS Deadlift!!!! These are holy 364 lbs!!!! I am SO impressed. I want her to be the Swiss Champion in Powerlifting next year. Seriously, this girl is SO STRONG.

So, we went for that run on Sunday morning – it was gorgeous weather and I felt in the mood for 674367862 selfies before heading off.

Critical eyes on my backside.....squat results!! :-)

Critical eyes on my backside…..squat results!!🙂

LucieBack from the trail and a sweaty but happy mess! LucieSunday was spent in the usual more or less boring way – grocery shopping, blogwork, meal prep and a coffeedate at my Bestie’s place. Nothing to complain.

Seafood, Chicken, Eggs. Essentials.

Seafood, Chicken, Eggs. Essentials.

That’s it! Happy Monday Sweeties!!

What is your favorite drink ? I had this Gimlet on Friday, and I am in love. Though it can not beat my Gin Tonic with Monkey 47 Gin. BEST.

Favorite Sneaker brand??

Have you been to Sydney before? Any tips?

29 thoughts on “MIMM – Aussie News, Sneakers, Run

1. Australia and cali… so awesome!!! I’ve always wanted to go to Australia, and Cali is already one of my favorite states here in the US. You are going to have such a great time!!

2. AMAZING – congratulations!! One of my close school friends moved to Melbourne a year and a half ago and I am so desperate to visit! You’re gonna have the best time – with the best guide!

Err why is your favourite drink not champagne?! After champagne I would have to say either red wine or gin and tonic – weather dependent😉

Loving how many eggs are in your basket, I always feel the couple from whom I buy my eggs judge the amount I consume! Addicted…

3. So excited!!! In fact, to celebrate, I should book a trip to America during that period… 😉

Sounds like a blast of a weekend and you said it- seafood and eggs- what else is needed! Congrats to your friend and those weights- epic doesn’t even describe it!

4. Khushboo says:

OMG your travel plans for 2015 sounds fabulous, Lucie..so excited for you! Australia is on top of my list of places to travel, along with Japan,Maldives & South Africa! With the

5. Khushboo says:

Whoops pressed “Send” too soon! With the weather warming up my go-to drink has been alternating between white wine & rose. I might have to turn to spritzers to keep an eye on my alcohol intake this summer ;)!

6. Kalie says:

Ok, you must let me the dates that, you will be in California, and where you will be! I don’t live there, but it’s an easy drive from Arizona to California so, I may just have to make it! I have always wanted to go to Sydney too! Sounds fabulous!

7. I can’t believe you left that aussie detail out during our conversation yesterday. Eh, I am so excited for you,girl! 2015 is looking to be one awesome year for you & all your traveling adventures!!

• I know, but it actually kind of slipped my mind cause I had other things on my head to talk about with you!!🙂 I am excited too, even if it is still far away!!

8. Wow, those sound like some amazing travel plans! If you happen to fit a little visit up to Canada in your journey…I certainly wouldn’t complain😉

9. cottercrunch says:

oh we might be in NZ during that time!! maybe we can hop over to Australia and visit!!!

10. jillconyers says:

A trail run always ends in a sweaty happy mess! I love eggy oats!

11. Nice bum! The better to tweak with, no?😉

12. OMG! So super excited for you! And jealousssss. I’ve never been to Australia, but I wanna go soooo bad. And if you’re going to be in Cali next year, then you better believe I’m going to try to plan to be there at the same time. Just give me the deets when you know them🙂

Oh, and I love those sneakers. The Nike Free’s are some of my favourites, and I think I’m due for a new pair soon… Mine have got to be a t least 2 years old. Pft.

• I’ve never been to Australia either and I can not wait. It’s UNREAL!
      And we NEED to make Cali happen!! I will be there long enough so you have plenty of time to travel over🙂
      Re sneakers – I am so excited for them to arrive. We are allowed to wear them to work, and I am the only one who owns no pair. Not acceptable.

13. Kierston says:

Your travel plans sound exciting😀

14. calista says:

Ooooh, Australia! Can’t wait to hear all about it! My favorite drink is an Old Fashioned, hold the orange. Mmmmm, delicious!

15. […] was fish with asparagus and avocado. Exciting. In the evening, as mentioned in my Monday post, I went out with Sandro. The weather was beautiful and we hunted for a lounge seat at the lake. […]

16. ranchcookie says:

I am so jealous that trip will be so fun! I have always wanted to travel abroad for more than 2 weeks at a time haha