22. May 2014 by swissfitchick
Nope, I am not going to change the name of my blog. Even though I play the risk of damaging my image by cursing in my posts or talking in weasel words, I am who I am after all. And you have dirty minds too – you can’t fool me.
Ok, I don’t even know what this intro is all about, so let’s just stop and honor Amanda who hosts today’s link-up party – babbling along with all the randomness in our heads. Wonderful.
15 Box Jumps (61cm = 24inches – I almost had a heart attack before I even started – comment by my trainer:’ oh, ya know, a little Adrenalin in the morning does not hurt.’ Thx.)
10 KB Swings (I was made to do them with 20kg. Ouch.)
15 KB Snatches (we all know what that means thanks to this lady. #twss)
And then my task was Deadlifts and Bench Press. Normally I am pretty strong at Bench Press, but yesterday I surprised myself with Deadlifts. Sure, my trainer pushed me – I would have stopped way earlier 🙂 Anyway, I ended up with a maximum weight of 95kg Deadlifts (209.4lbs) and 56kg Bench Press (123.5lbs). Both of them and also the unassisted Chin Up-Pull Up with weight is quite a difference to last time’s benchmark.
After the Strength Work we still had to do the WOD ‘Fran’. Oh.my.GOOOD!!
21 Thrusters / 21 Pull Ups / 15 Thrusters / 15 Pull Ups / 9 Thrusters / 9 Pull Ups.
Wait, did I mention that this happened at 7am in the morning? Hell yeah, Baby. 2. I’m not done yet. On June 14th is the Swiss Team Challenge – and I’m in a team with my Crossfitgirl and friend Vanessa plus 2 other crazy Crossfitters. Check out more info about it here.
I am nervous, but I can not WAIT for it – I know it’s going to be freaking hard but so fun! You will have to cheer me on virtually, will ya?? Source
What I love about Crossfit so much is that besides that it is so effective (I never made better progress) – is that it challenges me so hard, I can completely shut my mind down. There is no way to be mentally distracted. When I am in class, I am in class. I do Crossfit. Nothing else. No thoughts about nothing. Just training. Focus. When I walk out of class, I feel so refreshed and clean and strong. It’s just plain awesome.
Ok, enough Crossfit talk now.
3. We had this happening already last week on Laura’s blog, but this is what happens when you go out with friends and leave your phone at the bar while going to the bathroom. By the way, it’s his birthday today (the left cutie) – HAPPY BIRTHDAY little brother!
This is quite harmless, I had about 35 random pics of people I don’t know and of dirty glasses and of nothing on my phone. #sigh #boys
What the heck is wrong with me?? Let’s imagine what thoughts ran through my head right at this moment.
‘I am out of nutbutter. I need nutbutter!! Gimme!!’
‘SEX’. ‘Check out my snatch!’
‘Someone suggests an appropriate thought please!’
5. So here’s the situation: I am in a desperate need of Sneakers. We have a Sneaker obsession going on in our office and I feel like I am the only one who owns NONE. What about these? The grey ones?
6. Remember my rant about my fridge yesterday? Let’s pick this up once more – I DO have a problem with food hoarding. I mean my appartment is cute ‘n all, but here is just NOT enough place for my FOOD!! Faaahaaack.
C’mon, Growing Naturals Protein was on SALE!! PB2 not. I still hoard it like it’s my job.
7. SUMMER!! I love this shot I took last Saturday at the lake. So retro and summery. We rock summer-like temps around these parts and I already cycle around in my skirt on the bike. It’s fun on the streets. Random post with random end! On number 7! Uneven! GOSH!!!
My thoughts in the hilarious picture?
Which Sneakers should I buy? I need suggestions!!
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? None for me. I can’t eat it, hurt my teeth.