27. November 2013 by swissfitchick
Yeeaaaah, that title is so cheesy, ain’t it??
But now let’s face it.
I was home and sick 2 days last week forming a butt-shape into my couch from lying around and watching trash tv, trying to figure out what my tummy would accept in terms of food.
Since that didn’t happen (I continued sinking deeper into my couch and all I ate was oats, eggs and kabocha) I at least did my best to heal so I could join the crazy girlsride to winter wonderland.
And yes, it was a blast. It was absolutely cosy and funny. Though there’s 2 things I have to admit about it.
1. I had no freaking CLUE where we were.
I followed the given train timetable and was picked up when I left the said train. I sat in the car seeing nothing (it was foggier than in a steambath) and then being expulsed in a warm house. The only thing I know is that the 3-4 people I saw during these 48 hours and who were not my girlfriends spoke french and that we did not leave the country. Also, the village had a meat market and a church covered by a gazillion ton of snow. That’s it.
2. Furthermore, I did not get to learn where we were, cause we did not leave the house at all nor move in any other way. Ok, that’s not exactly true. We drove to the car park of the supermarket and spent 30 minutes to grab everything eatable that looked appealing and then drove back to the house seeing nothing (more fog). Then we walked 10 minutes in the snow to buy meat and fled back to the house immediately after that. From then on, the only movement we did was reaching for more champagne and taking the pumpkin bread out of the oven.
I did not even take a shower I think though I used the bathroom once in a while and cleaned myself. Basic stuff. Other than that, hanging, drinking, eating and laughing were the only signs of me being alive.
What I wanted to say – even though I loved being a lazy bum and eating everything in sight, I was glad to be back to my routine of cleaner eats and my workouts this week. Let’s take a butt-shake-twerk-selfie to celebrate this fact!
Breakfast and preworkout meal: Eggy Cinnamon Oats in the ugliest tupperware ever.
After demolishing this attractive something, I’m off to the gym for my strength and cardio before work. Post Leg Day Protein Smoothie: Vanilla&Apple and ground flax. Yes, I love ground flax in everything.
Paired with Coconut Water!! I was thrilled in excitement when I saw that it is back in the shelves of my NORMAL Supermarket – no trip to some special healthy whole&expensive foods store needed. For my Swiss Readers – I found this one at Coop! Monday and Wednesday I manage to squeeze in a Yoga class over lunchtime. I absolutely LOVE it, even though I have the hardest time not to fall asleep during savasana and irritate everyone around me with my snoring.
Lunch is simple but delicious: Baked Sweet Potato with Chicken, Salad greens and Coconut-Milk/Dijon Dressing.
Dinner was either codfish with a veggie mix and added ketchup…cause ketchup makes everything better. You might disagree and that’s ok, but me, I like ketchup.
Here we go….gosh, I just realize how bad this looks. But honestly, it was darn good!!
Best combo ever: dark chocolate (the one that is usually used for baking – I swear, it’s the BEST!) and almond butter. Awe yes….my homemade almond butter is in Zurich waiting for me in the pantry (hoping it doesn’t get all eaten by the man). I thank God for the genius person who invented these packs. Life savers, honestly.
And now ladies and gentlemen rush over to Peas and Crayons and check out some more foodspiration in a better light!!
Tell me your favorite Combo. Chocolate and _____ OR Almond Butter and ______
Are you active all the time or do you love to be lazy at times?
- WIAW#39 – Spread the Kabocha Obsession! (fitswisschick.com)
- WIAW#43 – the miseries of foodpictures (fitswisschick.com)
- WIAW#42 – What I ate in the Swiss Alps (fitswisschick.com)