7. August 2013 by swissfitchick
And we all know what a Wednesday means…..it’s WIAW. Woot!
Don’t miss out all the WIAW-Party-Posts today over on Jen’s page!
I love what the grocery stores offer now at this season. Everything seems to be even fresher and more colorful than in any other season of the year. I got some fresh produce this week…
…which went right into a juice…..
…..as a side of a quinoa&baked turkey bowl.
Inspired by all the freshness and whole foods around me, I was craving freshly prepared meals during this week. It took me quite some time to prep, but it was worth it. Starting my day off with a workout, then heading to the office all day and maybe have an appointment at night creates the need of meal prep. Once it’s done, my week is supereasy and relaxed and I LOVE to have my fresh meals on hand to grab and go.
I love all the fresh and whole foods – it just tastes SO much better than any processed stuff. Besides that, it makes me feel fit and vitalized – exactly why all the food prep is absolutely worth it!
Besides that it gives me a superboost in energy. I changed up my workout routine a bit. 4 times strength instead of 3, split up in musclegroups and some more intense interval cardio. 1-2 fun aerobic – or bootcamp classes in between – WORKS. Especially in the early morning when it’s still cool enough!
That’s it! Happy Wednesday!!
What is your favorite fresh produce currently? I go for Sweet Potatoes, Berries, fresh salmon and spinach.
Do you take time to prep your meals on the weekend?
Ever tried white almond butter?
- WIAW#29 – What I ate Wednesday – Phases and Obsessions (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- WIAW#28 – Summer Eats (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- WIAW#30 – What I Ate Wednesday – it’s a Leg Day (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- WIAW Sick Day and Five Things Survey! (racingbananas.com)
- WIAW#27 – Food Mix (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- WIAW…birthday edition! (bkenn723.wordpress.com)