5. August 2013 by swissfitchick
Good morning and happy Monday!
I was such a bad blogger last week, I took a blogcation on Monday AND on Friday. Well, this was due to a holiday we had here – 1st of August is Switzerland’s birthday and so my weekend started on Wednesday night – that’s why I didn’t spend too much time on the computer. Sorry for that. I owe you a big update today! ANd it’s going to be marvelous…..
My LONG weekend started with a BBQ on Wednesday night at my boss’ house. Well. I could definitely imagine living there (not because of my boss – even though he is a great guy – but look at that garden):
We travelled to Zurich the same night and enjoyed the holiday at the lake. Summer is still going strong here and I hope it will last much longer! I don’t even remember how it feels to wear pants or socks.
I did a Chest/Back Workout in the morning and then went to the gym late afternoon/early evening for an incline walk on the treadmill. It is so hot currently, there is no way to move too much outside during the day. I enjoyed the deserted gym for a long stretching session, including selfie.
Salads are my cool off food currently…
So are oatmeal-eggwhite-omelettes with spinach and grapefruit for breakfast…..
….or just plain and sweet ones.
Friday was an easy day, Sandro had to work and I went for a quick intense sprint session in the morning, then did some errands and hung out at the lake. Lunchtime Fitness was the Zurich City Bootcamp! I haven’t been to the training for 2-3 weeks now, cause my schedule didn’t allow it, so despite the heat I joined in on Friday. We worked out in the old town of Zurich which was great, because it wasn’t as crowded as on the lake and most of the time we ran and pumped in the shadow. Except for the last exercise – crawling backwards in the park!
Sandro and me went to the lounge after dinner. The night was warm and SO nice. #summerbliss
Rise and Shine happened on Saturday morning! I cycled down to the lake and went for an early swim (6am). I absolutely LOVE this. It’s like a huge pool all on my own. Peaceful, quiet, chilly, beautiful.
Ah, how I love summer! I save a few stories and pics for a later post, I think this one is long enough now!
Have a marvelous Monday!
What is your favorite breakfast in summer?
Do you have a different workout routine in summer?
What’s your favortie salad topping?
- Marvelous in my Monday – Weekend down at the Lake (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- WIAW#30 – What I Ate Wednesday – it’s a Leg Day (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- Marvelous in my Monday – A party, eggs and new workouts (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- Marvelous in my Monday – Summer&Full House! (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- Marvelous in my Monday – a wedding celebration, new workouts&sunbathing (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- …..and that’s how we met. (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- WIAW#27 – Food Mix (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)
- Friday Favorites – my name is Lousi and I hit PR’s at 6am at the gym. (swissfitchick.wordpress.com)