5. July 2013 by swissfitchick
I am sorry I left you postless yesterday, but my mind was off and even though I sat down on the computer to write a post, nothing came on. So I took a tiny break, which I hope you will forgive me. I hope all of my American friends had a great 4th of July with lots of celebrating!!
But today, is Friday and the weekend is HERE!!! I have some exciting plans with a lot of friends this weekend which you can read about on Monday.
But first, let’s talk about some randomness from this week.
Actually, the following 2 pics are not from this week, but from my vacation in the US – my beauty stuff I bought there! I completely forgot about it and it jumped on me lately when I switched through my iPhone pics
and deleted 75% of it.
I love Shea Butter in my hair, it creates wonders. As does Argan Oil – I am not sure how I will survive without these masks! And I decided to get my hands on a tan-spray. Never used it before and will probably try it only in a few months – I pick up the color from the sun fairly quickly so there’s no use for it at the moment.
Essie. Do I have to say more? I am desperately obsessed.
Clearly, I wanted to buy tons of stuff more. Like with the food, I was in heaven. But….the weight. Effing weight!!
Speaking of body stuff – after reading Amanda’s post about dry-brushing I hurried out and got me one of these brushes. I used it daily since almost a week now and love it.
Let me just give you a tiny recap of the pro’s of drybrushing that Amanda listed in her post:
- Increased blood flow to the skin. This stimulates better circulation and helps anyone who suffers from chronically cold hands and feet. The process of releasing toxins through perspiration is also improved.
- Reduction of cellulite. This is actually a process of detoxification. Cellulite is a buildup of toxic material in your body’s fat cells and brushing dry skin helps tighten the epidermis and break up this toxic material, allowing your body to get rid of it more easily.
- Improved lymphatic drainage. Dry brushing speeds up the flow of lymph (which is responsible for cleansing the body of toxic agents) and helps the body get rid of toxins more quickly. This directly contributes to a stronger immune system and healthier body.
- Improved muscle tone. Brushing the skin stimulates the nervous system, and stimulated nerves activate muscle fibers and help improve muscle tone. This results in tighter skin, which is especially beneficial for those who have lost large amounts of weight.
- Improved skin appearance. Dry brushing helps remove dead skin cells which can cause the skin to look dull. It also encourages a faster cell turnover rate, which results in smoother, brighter, and healthier skin that glows.
- Other notable benefits: removes excessive fluid from the body, helps reduce bloat, improves digestion, unclogs pores, and stimulates oil/hormone producing glands.
For me, these are definitely enough reasons to get up 5 minutes earlier in the morning!
I also got a present from my dear personal trainer…..
Isn’t it pretty?? Love that color. Ok, it also has a purpose – massaging. It’s kind of like the little sister of the foam roller and it hurts so good. Definitely one of my favorite tools currently.
Now let’s hop over to the kitchen – I bought myself a mini-muffin-pan!! I always wanted to bake healthy muffin bites and now it’s finally happening. Though I must say, they turn out THIS mini, they go down in one gulp. I might have to go back and buy another, regular one….
BUT, when you taste the Eggwhite Berry Bites and the Oatmeal Strawberry Bites which I baked with the recipe of Kierston, then it does not matter the size….they are simply delicious.
Overall, my week has been ok, but it wasn’t the best one to be honest. I did have some downs and fled into overtraining again, which leaves me tired out and a bit off today. I will address this issue in another post, but be sure I am so happy that it’s the weekend now and despite loads of fun plans I get some good hours of SLEEP and recovery!
Have a wonderful weekend all of you!
Ever baked something in a Muffin Pan? If so, what?
Current favorite Beauty Product?
Any fun plans for the weekend?