WIAW#21 – What I Ate on my Birthday

15. May 2013 by swissfitchick

Welcome to the Birthday WIAW Edition!! Since I had a MARVELOUS birthday, I want to share my eats with you on this exciting Partyday of foods hosted by Jen over at Peas and Crayons!!

WIAWbutton

So the morning of my birthday greeted me with sun and a blue sky, so nice!! As we were in my favorite place in Switzerland, in Celerina, we headed straight out for an hour morning run to enjoy the breeze and the clean air.

Foto

My favorite postworkout drink is currently the mix of pure coconut water, lemon juice and water. It’s so refreshing and hydrates so well, PLUS you get tons of vitamins and mineral nutrients in!

IMG_0187

Later, the sun was still here, we had breakfast on the perch and it was so warm and nice!! Before unpacking presents, I needed some fuel….

IMG_3511

Eggwhite Omelett, Dried Figs, Coconut Butter

IMG_3493

Green Tea with Lemon

Before the sun was already gone, we headed off to the top of the mountain to have a little walk in the snow, taking some pics and sharing my birthday treat!!

017

Apple Pie & Vanilla Sauce

Apple Pie & Vanilla Sauce

Sandro was happy to get the second piece🙂

We stayed a while just sitting there, enjoying the view and chatting. Late afternoon we went back to the appartment and got ready for dinner.

We were recommended to go to an Italian place in the village St.Moritz and it was a great choice. We started off with an appetizer for two….

My first prosecco after more that THIRTY days!!! Hmmmmmmm....

My first prosecco after more that THIRTY days!!! Hmmmmmmm….

Brusschette: Olive Paste, Mushroom, Tomato and Cream Cheese

Brusschette: Olive Paste, Mushroom, Tomato and Cream Cheese

Sorry….restaurant pics are the worst!

My stomach is not a fan of bread, so instead of going for a pizza, I stayed with a healthier option….

Grilled Chicken, Side Veggies

Grilled Chicken, Side Veggies

It sounds boring, but it was SO delicious!!! I don’t know how they made it, but the veggies were SO good, I almost asked for more. But I was satisfied and on the way home we grabbed a little dessert to munch on in front of the TV!

UnbenanntSo all in all, this was a very balanced birthday foodwise and a wonderful day all over. I was spoiled and happy, also thanks to you my friends!!

Happy WIAW!!

What is your favorite cake?

Favorite drink?

DON’T FORGET TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY – a package full of organic Swiss Goodies!

34 thoughts on “WIAW#21 – What I Ate on my Birthday

1. Oh how I long to be in Europe! The food looks fantastic – especially that apple pie! I don’t know how restaurants do it, but they always make vegetables taste so good!

2. Oh wow, that chicken looks so good! I’m glad you had a nice birthday🙂 My favourite cake of all times (i have two) is coconut with mascarpone icing, or chocolate with nutella frosting – neither of which are very healthy!

3. Wow looks like you had some delicious meals here! My favourite cake by far would have to be carrot cake🙂

4. Looks like a delicious birthday! The apple pie looks amazing🙂
    Favourite kind of cake is chocolate of any kind with buttercream frosting. So good!

5. Fran@BCDC says:

What amazingly beautiful photos, Lucie. Wow! Food looks pretty good, too!😉

6. So great to hear that you had such an amazing birthday, hun! And that apple pie with vanilla sauce looks -amazing- especially with such a gorgeous view. I’d have to say that my favorite cake is probably Black Forest and my favorite drink is a good, dry cappuccino. This girl loves her coffee and chocolate😀

7. Wow, that apple pie looks amazing. Now THAT is a birthday dessert!!🙂

8. cleanfoodcreativefitness says:

Looks like some amazing birthday eats! That apple pie looks so delicious!

9. Happy Birthday! That snow picture is gorgeous although I have to say that right now I’d take summer over winter🙂

Favorite cake— Probably white sheet cake from a bakery. I also like cookie dough ice cream cake and strawberry-flavored cake though too😀

Favorite drink is water!

10. kepotts says:

Looks like you had a beautiful birthday, so glad for you! And all of your eats & drinks look delish. I’m a huge fan of the basic yellow cake with chocolate frosting & white wine!

11. Lisa says:

Wow looks so amazing! What a lovely birthday celebration! I’m so glad you enjoyed yourself to the fullest! It looks awesome.
    The snow is absolutely gorgeous, I wish it snowed over here, at least one day hah.
    I’m like the only person that still wishes for snow, but we got zero this Winter and Spring!
    I actually don’t have a favorite cake…I don’t like the texture of cakes, ick not my thing. I did like ice cream cake annddd frosting!!! Frosting > cake any day!

• Thank you love! Oh I would have been happy to give you some snow this year, we had WAY too much for my taste🙂 But I surely love views like this, especially when apple pie is involved🙂
      Oh yes, the Frosting – the best part!!

12. What a wonderful day of eating and treating! The views on your run are stunning, and make me want to move to Switzerland! I know I’ve said that a million times, but I truly mean it—you live in one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Everything looks absolutely delicious—especially the apple pie with vanilla sauce. I’ll be dreaming about that for days.🙂 The Italian place in St. Moritz sounds wonderful, too. Sometimes the simplest entrees are the best, and that chicken certainly looks good!

I’m so glad you had such a great celebration, Lucie—you deserved every minute of it! Hugs!❤ xoxo

• Oh thank you girl!! I feel very blessed to live here, I must say.
      If you ever come to Switzerland we will have a ton of cheese Fondue and Apple Pie with Vanilla Sauce for dessert!!🙂

13. What an amazing birthday celebration!! Sounds like you really enjoyed the day. Now you have me dreaming about apple pie!!🙂

14. livliveslife says:

It looks like you had a wonderful birthday! I’m so glad.

I can’t imagine running in such a gorgeous place. I’d never get tired of those views! Especially if I had that apple pie with me….😉

15. What a fun and tasty birthday!

Love Maltese…the crunch is awesome! The apple pie looks yummm too…oh and your omelette! lol

Love a classic strawberry shortcake cake🙂

16. Your omelet looks perfect. I have been on such an omelet kick recently! Also, I am dying to try figs. I heard that they are just like “nature’s candy.” Awesome WIAW post!

17. liftsleepeat says:

Happy late birthday! Hope you had a good one🙂
    everything looks delicious and where you were..wow beautiful!

18. Ahh I totally missed this but happy birthday! Your breakfast looks like absolute perfection, I really need to stock up on dried figs again.

19. […] WIAW#21 – What I Ate on my Birthday (swissfitchick.wordpress.com) […]