14. May 2013 by swissfitchick
Ok, I know, it’s not summer yet, but ALMOST!! And it’s always better to make you feel like summer despite the sun doesn’t, right? So today, I present you my favorite summer salad dressing, paired with the perfect summery salad combo.
Strawberry Bliss Dressing:
4 large strawberries
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp apple vinegar
juice of 1 lemon
grated zest of the lemon
1 tsp hot mustard
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp each: lemon pepper, curry powder, chives
mash the strawberries until smooth
in a separate bowl, mix apple vinegar, coconut oil, lemon juice
grate ginger and lemon zest, stir in
add honey, mustard, spices
mix in mashed strawberries and whisk everything until well combined.
WASH AND CUT:
chopped dried figs and dates
Pour the dressing over the saladcombo, shake or mix well and ENJOY!!
You may have noticed that the whole dressing and salad recipe is based on a sweet/savory taste. Honey/Ginger, Strawberries/Hot Mustard, Dried Fruit/Radish, Melon/Endive – this all makes it not only a light, summery meal, but a refreshing delicious taste-explosion! I hope you’ll like it!! I will link it up on Friday for the #RECIPEFRIDAY party hosted by the amazing Kierston!!
What is your favorite salad ingredient?
Ever made a salad dressing with fruits?
DON’T FORGET TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY – a package full of organic Swiss Goodies!!
- A Tale of Two Salads: Savory and Sweet (inspiredhealthyorganized.wordpress.com)
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad (jailavie.com)
- Lemon and Dill Salad Dressing (ramblingsofawouldbehousewife.wordpress.com)
- Raw Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad (simplysophisticatedcooking.wordpress.com)
- ~Sweet Chili Vinaigrette Recipe~ (praneesthaikitchen.com)