19. March 2013 by swissfitchick
Good morning Lovelies!!
I am very sorry but I have no recipe for you today. My weekend was so filled with events and going to dinners/brunch, I just did not have the time to make something up. There will be a new one next Tuesday, promised!
But don’t think I am letting you down, I have something different for you. I feel very honored and so happy that I was nominated for the One Lovely Blogger Award by one of my favorite star bloggers Amanda. I am a huge fan of Amanda’s blog, and I know I am not the only one🙂 Amanda is the master of words and her posts speak to my heart every time I read them. Absolutey worth to check out and register right away!!
Ok, let’s start right into it.
1. I was a really cute baby and kid. When I grew into my teenage years (about 10-15) I looked awful, I don’t know what happened, but seriously…..I NEED to find a picture of me from back then. I remember one picture with a violet sweater with a huge pic of David Hasselhoff and K.I.T.T. on the front. I am not sure if you still want to be friends with me when I show you this. So let’s look at a cutie one with Dad from back then.
2. I always read magazines from behind. I really don’t know why I am doing this, but I just feel kind of better….ok, yes. I AM a weirdo.
3. When I look back at my 34 and a half years long life, I must say I have quite some educations. I am a Flight Attendant, I own a diploma as a massage therapist, one as a marketing assistant, I absolved my Bachelor in Social work and I know how to wait on table. Oh, and I did the Swiss Brevet in riding horses when I was 13 years old! So I am pretty useful, I guess…..
4. My name is Lucie. Not Lucy. Means, you need to spell it in the french version, which means the U is a U with the dots, like this: Ü. It is difficult to spell it in German or English. But I don’t mind to be called Lucy. It reminds me of that famous soap.
5. Let’s stay with my name. My Grandma was called Lucie too. Lucie Pfaendler. Just like me. When my Mama was pregnant with me in her belly, my grandma got very sick. My Mom promised her that if they would get a girl, and she would not be able to get to know her, they would call her after my Grandma. So that was me, and that is the story of my name.
Speaking of my last name – it’s a typical and not very nice swiss name. If I would ever marry Sandro, my name would be LUCIE FERRARI (IF I would assume his name). I am so insecure. The name is famous and some people say I would sound like an artist (not that this is something I want to achieve). I feel that it sounds like a Pornostar. What do you think?
6. It’s my dream that I own a house or at least a bright flat that looks like this:
I am SO in love with that french shabby chic landhouse style, and that floor is just exactly my taste. I would feel like on holiday if I would live in such a home. I absolutely dream of it and pray to own it one day.
7. I used to be a brilliant Saxophone player. I started when I was 10 and I got the musical heritage from my Dad. My teacher wanted me to get professional, but I refused. I am a bit sad today that I did. I did play though for about 14 years and I was pretty good by then. No idea how it would sound today, but….maybe I should try one day.
Ok friends, that’s it, short and sweet! My nominees are:
Tell me 2 random facts about you!