WIAW #5 – What I ate Wednesday

9. January 2013 by swissfitchick

Hey y’all!Welcome to another WIAW Party hosted by Jen, thank you so much! Head over and look at all the other delish meals!

wiawphotobutton

Now, since I am doing some more work on my body to get ‘leaner’ and ‘cleaner’ I contacted Shannon for my workouts and Danielle for the nutrition. I couldn’t have chosen a better combination, these ladies rock and get the best out of me! So before I threw myself into worklife again on Monday, I did some reasonable shopping:

grapefruitjuice, apples, skinless chicken, spinach, green salad, low fat curd cheese, smoked salmon, peppers, dark chocolate, bananas, apple vinegar, bananas

Let’s start with some meals and workouts from Monday. I went for a short run and did HIIT/Circuit 1 by Shannon. Then had some fruits with yogurt for breakfast.

Low fat curd cheese with banana and berries

Low fat curd cheese with banana and berries

A fruit for midmorningcraviness:

apfel-rote-seite

Lunch was goood!

image (2)

Tandoori chicken with broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, nutmix and brussel sprouts

midafternoon and preworkout food:

Spinach-Kiwi-Berry-Smoothie

Spinach-Kiwi-Berry-Smoothie

A hard Crossfit session after work:

252024_350614991712054_96719323_n

And a well deserved post workout fuel, this delish casserole!

image

Codfish baked in the oven with zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, walnuts

And a piece of this new dark chocolate from Lindt which I found! Topped with Almond Butter my very fave dessert, yumm!! Chocolate is needed here, my life without chocolate would make me really sad (and bitchy).

Dark from Lindt with Wasabi

Dark from Lindt with Wasabi

Tuesday was almost the same routine. Workout in the early morning, followed by proteins, proteins, proteins…..so gooood.

Banana-Protein-Pancakes

Banana-Protein-Pancakes

Preswimsnack:

birne

A 45minunte-swim over lunchtime…

58be65438b1181c6_Pool

Lunch was black quinoa for the first time. I realized that I would have need to cook it longer, it was not soft enough, but still so good! I mixed it with all kind of veggies, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms. It was a huge plate but so light, I felt not too full at all after the meal.

Black-Quinoa-Veggie-Mess

Black-Quinoa-Veggie-Mess

A smoothie in the afternoon makes me happy and feeling good….

Spinach-Berry-Protein-Smoothie with coconut chips

Spinach-Berry-Protein-Smoothie with coconut chips

Dinner was a traditional one for when my BFF comes round my place. We always chill on the couch, with a good salad on hand and good soaps in front of us. Love it!!

Organic Tofu Burger, green leaves, sauted zucchini, peppers

That’s it! I hope you have a fabulous and happy day!

xx Lucie

28 thoughts on “WIAW #5 – What I ate Wednesday

1. nadja says:

I must absolutely try this chocolate! I also love the dark one with orange, it’s my favourite πŸ˜€

2. I’m with Nadja, love the dark with orange!! Great meals though… of course! Loving all the smoothies =) YUM!!

3. Natasha says:

YUMMMM All of your eats look amazing!!!
    Keep up the awesome workouts πŸ™‚

4. That chocolate looks super tasty Lucie, wasabi is the best. Love your smoothies too – the toppings make them look incredible!

5. cleanfoodcreativefitness says:

Everything looks so good Lucie! I’m so proud of you. I totally agree with you too. I’m not a very nice person without a little chocolate in my life πŸ˜‰

6. pickyrunner says:

If I lived near a pool like that, I’d go swimming every day!

7. Greta says:

Gosh, that chocolate is calling my name!!!
    And that fish dish – I’d kill for any sea food – seriously!! How did you cook that cod?

• Well, I just spread olive oil in the casserole, threw veggies and fish into it, sprinkled with spices, nuts and an egg, topped it with the cover plate and baked in the oven for about 20-30 minutes on 200Β°C. Supereasy!!

• Greta says:

Come on, it looks to good to be that easy! Spill the secrets, girl!
        Just kidding! Yeah, sometimes the super easy are the best! Thank you!

8. Life without chocolate would be almost unthinkable – I need some on a daily basis as well or my mood tends to go south as well… so basically, eating chocolate is in everyone’s best interest πŸ˜€

9. Chocolate is definitely an everyday staple for me and Lindt is the way to go. I’ve been wary of trying the wasabi one, though, rather sticking with my 90 % or – as of late – Chili. Is it very … spicy?
    Other than the meat your lunch looks like something I’d enjoy, too :). Mmmh, brussels sprouts and broccoli.

• Chocolate on a daily basis is my normal routine, haha πŸ™‚ Well yes, it is quite spicy, but paired with the lightly sweet taste of the chocolate it’s the perfect combination!

10. gosh I haven’t had codfish in ages! looks amazing

11. Yum. Love the looks of those pancakes… And I’m still jealous of that insanely awesome pool πŸ™‚

12. P says:

OOhhh, that wasabi chocolate sounds AWESOME πŸ˜€

13. […] am thankful for my weights which arrived last week just in time to get on track with my new workout routine! And besides that, I think they are really […]

14. Lot-O-Choc says:

oh wow your pool looks beautiful! so relaxing to swim in i can imagine!
    love the look of all your eats too! yumm!!